Lost Power - Step 3 Takeaways:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 first to identify the area that has the faulty circuit.
- Walk around and remove all of the power sockets from the outlet - yes, pull everything out.
- If it's a lighting circuit, turn off all of your light switches.
- Once everything is removed or light switches turned off, see if you can reset your RCD.
- If you CAN reset your RCD: plug one thing in at a time or turn one light switch on at a time until the RCD trips again. The faulty appliance or light is the one that trips the RCD.
- If you CAN'T reset your RCD: you will require an electrician to fix the problem, call the number below for rapid response or email us for more information.
Need More Help?
Proudly brought to you by:
Response Fire & Electrical Services PTY LTD
Electrical Licence: EC009022
ABN: 94 136 835 982