Lost Power - Step 2 Takeaways
- You should have identified that you have a tripping RCD from the step 1 video.
- Identify that circuits (circuit breakers or fuses) that are protected by the tripping RCD.
- Turn all of the circuit breakers off and remove all of the fuses protected by the tripping RCD.
- If you CAN reset the RCD:
- If you can, turn on one circuit breaker or push in one fuse at a time until the RCD trips. When the RCD trips, that is the faulty circuit.
- Leave this off and turn everything else on. Walk around the property and test all of your outlets to see the area of the affected circuit
- Watch video 3 to identify if it's a faulty circuit or a faulty electrical system
- If you CAN'T reset the RCD, give us a call on the number below as it is an electrical system issue and an electrician will be required to fix.
Need More Help?
Proudly brought to you by:
Response Fire & Electrical Services PTY LTD
Electrical Licence: EC009022
ABN: 94 136 835 982