Halogen Down Light Takeaways:
- Halogen down lights operate at temperatures around 300 degrees.
- Installed too close to wooden beams in the roof spaces and are a major fire hazard
- Insulation regularly gets installed directly on top of these lights which prevents the heat from dissipating.
- The heat of the operation causes the globes, leads and transformers to break down at a rapid rate which costs the owners lots especially if the property is a rental property.
- Heat canisters should be installed as a minimum requirement to reduce the risk of fire as they are unsafe without them.
- It is recommended to replace the halogen down lights with LED down lights to benefit from reduced maintenance and lower risk of fires generating from the extreme heat of halogen down lights.
Need More Help?
Proudly brought to you by:
Response Fire & Electrical Services PTY LTD
Electrical Licence: EC009022
ABN: 94 136 835 982