Smoke Alarm Takeaways
- 240V smoke alarms have a solid green light.
- 10 year lithium smoke alarms are compliant if there is no access to the cabling system - these have a flashing red light - once every minute.
- Smoke alarms should not be installed within 30cm of walls or ceilings.
- Smoke alarms need to be installed outside of every bedroom area. If there is a common areas such as a kitchen or living room separating bedroom areas, you will need more than one.
- Smoke alarms need to be installed on every floor of a multi-storey premises.
- In WA, smoke alarms are requires before sale or rental of the property.
- It is the landlords responsibility to ensure that smoke alarms are current and operational in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act WA.
Need More Help?
Proudly brought to you by:
Response Fire & Electrical Services PTY LTD
Electrical Licence: EC009022
ABN: 94 136 835 982